Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Don't Wanna Know How It Ends {Week 34}

Someone here had a productive week (that's me!). Work, some art projects, an IKEA shelf that I did not enjoy putting together at all! Still, feels a little bit better now that the heatwave may officially be behind us. 

But guess what? Next year my ass is gonna be posting about how excited I am for summer at the end of May 2027 despite the absolute torture that was this summer. Never having learnt my lesson... one must imagine Sisyphus air-conditioned.

Week 34.

On Monday I had some time for personal projects and also tried to play my usual hour or two of Titanfall 2. However, some shithead has been DDOSing all or most of the servers. And this asshole is also obviously aimbotting and cheating. I could download Northstar but I'm not feeling it yet. I may by next week.

Tuesday I finally got some good progress on the zine Alice and I are working on. Still a bit to go but I think it's all really coming together.

Wednesday we had some work, fertilizing the kiwi plants. They look a bit dried out and after the past month, that's no surprise. The corn's having a good time though. We got there before the sun and wrapped it up by lunch. I got to have fun on the tractor some more! 

Whimsical tractor ride.

Corn?

Corn!

In the evening there was some live music and BBQ in the town center. We met up there with some family friends. I put on a whole look and everything. The burgers we got were so bad, which is surprising because it was the same vendors from the brocante in May. The couple that were arguing in front of like 30 people but made a fantastic burger. What a shame... was it the lack of passion? Everything was quite tasteless. We met Sham there and after dinner dropped by our house for a bit to watch my sister and her friend play Far Cry 3 and bother the cats. 



Crepe!

More work on Thursday. I'm getting really sick of not having a scheduled job. I'd love to just... know what I'm doing next month and not be called in randomly. The poplar trees are tall as hell by now and the way they've been planted makes them look extremely liminal. 



Spooky!

Friday I was busy cleaning up my room. It's a total mess and getting out of hand. I've re-organized my closet and I'm trying out this app as my closet database so I'll report back if it's actually worth anything. So far it's pretty good. 

An IKEA shelf also came in and as resident IKEA builder it was within my jurisdiction to put it together. The delivery guys broke one glass and two MDF shelves though so that was very annoying.  

On Saturday me and Tom finally started Saints Row The Third. I played it A LOT as a kid. We played some with my brother about two years ago as well but with the way my memory is, it's like I've barely ever played it. Tom's never played the third game, or any of the classic games, so this was his first rodeo. Obviously the character maker is the coolest part of the game. What I loved doing the most back in the day is making a hot girl voiced by Laura Bailey, in the most ridiculous outfits, listen to GenX 89, and doing every Deckers Gang Operation until I was sad that there were no more... I was obsessed with the Deckers specialist. In general, my obsession with the Deckers and their campy cyberpunk bullshit was kind of embarrassing but justified.

I still love you...

More of the same on Sunday. We're playing the remaster, by the way. And I've got to be honest... it sucks! It looks so weirdly realistic and totally destroys the style of the OG game. And runs even worse somehow. We got new and fresh bugs! Otherwise, we also finished the first season of Parts Unknown and watched the Jerusalem episode too. It's a great episode.

End.

Not a bad week, all in all. I'm just waiting for September to start. It looks like we'll be below 30 at last. Finally!

This Week I'm Excited For...

Probably making my own fun next week. I was going to start some of the comic sketches but I've been feeling that the script needs a re-fresh because a lot of the thumbs don't look good to me anymore. Would like to do that so...

Song Of The Week... 

Since I enjoyed La Dispute at Alice's recommendation so much, I've been going back and listening to their earlier albums too. This time it was Wildlife and honestly, there's not a single bad song. Each one is a story, be it more literal or abstract, a narrator and their life in every song. Melodically, it reminds me a bit of At The Drive-In but maybe that makes no sense, I have no idea and am musically unqualified as hell to be honest. King's Park may seem like an obvious pick but I also can't not pick it for this week. Guttural, brutal, and painful song. Naturalistic speech or dialogue doesn't always work for music but it makes everything hurt much, much more here: "Can I still get into Heaven if I kill myself? Can I ever be forgiven 'cause I killed that kid? It was an accident, I swear it wasn't meant for him. And if I turn it on me, if I even it out, can I still get in, or will they send me to Hell?" I don't think anything good ever happens at motels.

No comments:

Post a Comment