Friday, 7 August 2026

{July 2026 End}

Dun dun dun. July is over! Artfight comes to an end, summer is almost up. Everything is on fire. Literally... I hate it on this planet sometimes.


Goals 

 1. Artfight!

I did a whole 6 attacks, experimented with painting styles and one of the artists attacking me even included their rendition of my character in their YouTube video. Very cool! 

2. In Orbit (Comic WT) Outline 1

Look who actually accomplished something... 

3. Summer zine with Alice 2: Electric Boogaloo

I have a lot of the writing done but not the visuals. Need to step it up! 

4. Sketch for Tom's OCs

Waiting on Tom to send me some refs. 

5. Send docs to AIPC

Done! 

6. Code de la Route docs

Double done! 

7. Buy Mo a present 

Triple done! 

8. YouTube only on weekends 

Half-failed, some weeks I forgot I was doing this... 

9. Fix PSP thumbstick 

Still need to do that. 

Best Of: July

 

Movies  

Easy victory to Matt Johnson's BlackBerry this month. I love movies and shows about tech people because they are always slightly (to incredibly) evil. Plus this cast was unreal: Jay Baruchel, Glen Howerton (bald! freak!), Saul Rubinek (who I recognized from The Trotsky), SungWon Cho (caught me by surprise!), Michael Ironside, and obviously Matt Johnson himself. Amazing original soundtrack as well as songs picked, and I don't think any of them are chronologically inaccurate which is great. Obviously, it's also really fucking funny. I don't really have much bad to say about any of Matt Johnson's projects, weirdly enough even the stuff I find baffling I don't actually dislike, his filmmaking style just really works for me. 

Also enjoyed Thelma and Louise, My Winnipeg, Mike and Nicky, and Good Time (in that order). 

TV Shows 

After many years and many abrupt pauses I finally, finally finished season 1. Because it's a hard show to get through? Absolutely not! It's honestly so cute and fun and full of mermaid whimsy it's unreal. Few things make me still believe in magic: mermaid media and very picturesque bodies of water. Sensing an aquatic theme... this show has the most absurd editing and sound design choices known to man but you just have to embrace it. The highlight it obviously the shenanigans and the characters. It's honestly hard to pick a fave but it's probably Rikki, with Cleo and Lewis as both close seconds. I love Emma too but she's the more serious type and I'm just a clown. 

Games 

I didn't finish any games this month but we've been playing a lot of Blur, Halo 4, Halo CE (the 2011 one), and I've been grinding a lot of Titanfall 2. I'm hoping to get to G20.00 by the end of the year. 

Books 

Finished a book. That's right. That's right! Is it a middle-grade level book? None of your business! I don't know what it is but I'm just struggling with fiction and although I really enjoyed the Westing Game I couldn't pick up more fiction after and I'll probably return to my comfort zone of non-fiction for a little while. 

Music

Many amazing albums this month, the theme has been electronic and downtempo. Top album probably has to be Susumu Yokota's Symbol because of it's uniqueness. It's really not like anything out there. Also loved Global Goon's Afterlife EP, Orbital's Orbital 2, and Global Communication's 76:14.

Animation 

Was gonna watch toons this month but forgot. Argh! 

Full Log: July 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment