I'm still fundamentally okay, just hitting the most expected speed bump ever. Seems like the road I'm on has no shortage of those. Honestly, I don't know why I'm bitching when I know how many people have it harder but I guess bitching does ease the stress some. Very whiny blog, man. I'm very whiny!
![]() |
| Week 35. |
Been busy scanning all my notebooks in my spare time so I did that on Monday. I've been meaning to in case something happens to them, at least I'll have digital copies. Plus I can pack them up and put them upstairs for now so they don' take up much space.
Tuesday I scanned some of the physical photos I have. Went down memory lane a little too much, maybe.
![]() |
| The year is 2006... |
Or maybe I've just been having a really shit week. I've watched way too much YouTube all week, like -make-you-sick amounts. And gained nothing from it. Wish I had a better way to keep something on in the background or when I have a free 20 minutes or something. YouTube's just really been eating away at my time and energy. So just quit! I want to.
On Wednesday my sister's friend was over and she taught us to play Rummy. As with all card games, I didn't get it for like 10 minutes straight until it somehow magically clicked! I don't Mo ever got it and kept cheating and sneaking tiles onto my sister's rack.
Thursday I did some sanding on the third floor. The good news is that soon I may be able to move into my actual room. Do whatever I want to it! Kind of stupid to be this excited for something like that at my age of 27 but I honestly don't care at this point. I'll start doing some sketches on furniture placement and all and hopefully some fellow bloggers can give me a little feng-shui input.
Luckily the Titanfall 2 servers are back so I've been partaking in some matches in the evenings. Friday, saw some of the GTAVI footage, not from the leaker this time. It looks awesome but I'm not gonna give Rockstar any money ever. Maybe when they stop firing unionized employees.
![]() |
| Totally passed out. |
Did some more sanding upstairs on Saturday. My sister had a sleepover with her friends, we played a bunch of board games then left them to their own devices. Though I could hear these loud motherfuckers until like 5AM. Some classics were had at this sleepover: truth or date (with a prank call!) and a Jennifer's Body watch.
On Sunday I finally reached an acceptable stage in my digital file management. This has been a long time issue for me, makes working on anything a struggle. It hasn't solved everything but it feels like my mind's a little more at ease now.
Awful news in the world of emo, horrible things came out about the lead singer of Say Anything this week. Specifically grooming and predatory messages to underage girls. Not surprising, cuz men. I did realize I don't like a single Say Anything song. They suck. But that's not really relevant, because there's been bands who do make good music such as Brand New who also turn out to have just real pieces of shit there. I know it's hard not to sort of 'idolize' people who make great movies, music, or whatever but we shouldn't. Because we don't actually know these people. Especially if it means defending them when their victims are right there. I say that but I still hold my favourite musicians in high regard and just cross my fingers they haven't fucked someone over. I just hope that Cedric Bixler-Zavala's biggest crime was that he was dumb enough to fall for Scientology (which he left) and that Jeremy Enigk's biggest crime is that he's bald. But who knows, right?
![]() |
| The end. |
But basically I've been so... defective this week. Extra defective. I write distracted, slowly trying some more job applications but the options are quickly growing thin locally. The last thing I want is remote work again but honestly I feel like I'm dry on choice here. I just want this to work out already. I'm not a proactive person at all but there are times when I give it my all and try, there's still waiting on waiting on waiting. I'm a broken record at this point...
This Week I'm Excited For...
I'm in such a bad mood it feels like I'm not excited for anything. But I guess it's probably for the 1st of September, the coming of autumn. Autumn always soothes my worries though I'm having a sixth sense feeling that this autumn is gonna suck big time.
Song Of The Week...
The one thing that has been great for the past few weeks is the music. I've been on a kick of new stuff via La Dispute and my old favourites through Elliott Smith. Re-listened to his entire disco throughout August. Surprisingly that is not the source of my melancholy recently. This week I'm picking one of my all time favourite's, A Fond Farewell of the posthumous From A Basement On A Hill. Just a plainly amazing chorus and imagery that's prickly and devastating: "This is not my life, it's just a fond farewell to a friend."





No comments:
Post a Comment