Thursday, 3 September 2026

{August 2026 End}

Another summer is over. August was a weird month. Busy and fast one moment, empty and endless another. I guess I'm glad that it's over.


Goals 

 1. Order new tablet (Huion Kamvas Pro 16 V2)

Yes! Saved up enough since the start of the year, it's finally here. And she's perfect! 

2. In Orbit Sketch Pages 1-10

Re-doing the script because some integral moments were not working. 

3. Summer zine with Alice 3: Electric Boogal-y

Finished the fashion and movies pages. 

4. Finish COTY 2026 spreads

Still have October, November, and December left... but I did finish September! 

5. Beginner JS course videos

Nope. 

6. Titanfall 2 Anniversary sketch

Just some very preliminary sketches. 

7. Fix PSP thumbstick 

Forgot to do it... 

Best Of: July

 

Movies 

This has been a disaster month for movies. I watched basically nothing. My disappointment is immeasurable and my month is ruined. The number wasn't zero though! I guess I enjoyed A Knight's Tale the most because it's just a dumb, fun movie.

TV Shows

We watched the first season of Parts Unknown which was great. My favourite episode was probably Quebec because the food was... it was unhinged. Those motherfuckers were eating, dude! We are also coming close to the end of season 3 of Silo, it should wrap up on the first Friday of September. GIF not from Parts Unknown, just a great GIF. 

Games

 

Titanfall 2 on my own after that dumbass troll was finally dealt with. I know, I know, I could just download Northstar. But I don't wanna be totally obliterated by sweats and G100s every waking moment. I'm shit at the game and I know it. However, me and Tom also started Saints Row The Third (the remastered version). I don't love the remaster, I think it wipes clean all the charm of the original game which is my childhood staple. But it's still fun, especially in co-op.

Books 

Currently reading two non-fiction books: Right Wing Women by Andrea Dworkin and Drug Cartels Do No Exist by Oswaldo Zavala. I know that Dworkin is a very controversial figure and there's much I do not agree on with her but the topic is incredibly interesting, and devastatingly sad. I think TERFs have seriously co-opted her views on feminism and gender identity. Her own words on trans women may be outdated but they are not exclusionary. In fact, I think all she has to say about sexism applies as much to trans women, with extra bigotry on the side in the flavour of transphobia of course, which makes them women as any woman is. Regardless, to me trans women will always be women and I'm more interested in her work regarding why women often chose that which is inherently hostile, if not fatal, to themselves. I'm very early into Zavala's book but it's already very promising.

Finally finished Faith Erin Hicks' Nameless City trilogy. It's not long or anything, I'm just an idiot. It's awesome, I love her work so much. 

Music  

Unlike with movies, this has been an awesome month for music. I'm tempted to pick one of the many Elliott Smith albums I've been listening to this month but I feel like I should go with something that was actually, truly new to me this month. So, it's gotta be La Dispute's Wildlife at the recommendation of Alice. Rooms felt more morose, kind of like thinking back to an incident of horrific tragedy in a more well-adjusted present light. Wildlife feels like the it's happening to you right now, like you're in a car crash in slow motion and you can't get out of the car.

Animation

Watched some animated films this month but no 'toons or anime. This is getting sad.

Full Log: August 2026 

No comments:

Post a Comment