![]() |
| Week 36. |
Monday was officially the last day of summer. Woohoo! Long time coming. All is normal. Me and Mo finally finished A Knight's Tale which was pretty hilarious.
Tuesday was the first day of September. My sister had an orientation day at her new costume-making high school. Literally everyone we know called this school the most broke and ghetto school in the city and I seriously do not get it. It's a very nice school! I think because it's not a 'général', the typical high school for languages and sciences that's more esteemed. The one my sister got into is a professional (technologique) high school, so they study a trade straight away and it's looked down upon by many. Surprising because if there's one thing we learnt is that the AI overlords will surely replace the managerial class faster than plumbers, builders, seamstresses, etc. Ah, well, we're all pretty dumb in the family and art-oriented so it never bothered us. The smart genes ended with grandpa who was a nuclear physicist.
Did not stray from the routine much on Wednesday or Thursday.
Friday I did a closet clean-out to pack my summer stuff away. Used that time to upload more of my stuff to Whering which is what I'm using now for my closet management stuff. I don't actually have so much stuff that I can't keep track of it or anything, I just enjoy the little Polyvore style pictures and the fact that others can style me via the app. That was totally missing from the one I used before... it was so bad I can't even remember what it was called. Anyway, used the clean-up to do a little photoshoot as I've received some styled looks from other users.
On Saturday we were supposed to do a double feature of Sinbad and Treasure Planet with Tom and he swore we'd do both (I sat through both Frozens for him) but as I foretold he weaseled out of the second movie. Sinbad is one of the best animated movies ever and so underrated. We played a little Modern Warfare 3 and then he went home. He's also having problem in the job searching area and he has qualifications and is French, what chances do I stand?
![]() |
| She drinks water like this. |
On Sunday I did an awful thing. A thing I swore I wouldn't do! I swore I wouldn't get distracted with the most random bullshit creative tasks that take away time from my comic... but alas. It was getting to the point that this mini-project was so annoyingly lodged in my head that I had to put it out there and in a manic fugue state I finished the whole thing on Sunday: the quiz directory!
![]() |
| Here it is... |
This was a silly endeavor because first of all, no one but me cares enough about online quizzes to make or join a directory, and second... I'm just making more work for myself as usual and later complaining. Okay, but I am glad it's done through because it was getting too hectic up there in my brain!
This Week I'm Excited For...
Someone was selling all three volumes of the Nameless City trilogy on Leboncoin for just 20 euros! I decided to get it for myself to finally start my Faith Erin Hicks collection. They should arrive next week and I'm super excited!
Song Of The Week...
This is my year of electronica. So much drum and bass, downtempo, house, etc. I'm just getting deeper and deeper into the genre and I love it. This week it's Source Direct's Secret Liaison, an 8-minute drum and bass trip with some glorious guitar licks and ethereal vocalizations. It's so good.






No comments:
Post a Comment