Monday, 20 July 2026

Sunrise {Week 28}

Not the most exciting of weeks but some small changes, at least compared to my big decision last week to focus on one narrative solo project til it's actually done. Going back to a little farm work, requested and received my criminal record for the first time, guys! It was necessary for an employment office procedure. Neat, huh? Well, I'm not charged with anything. Boo! The heat is still terrible. I'm so over the summer... I don't want to be but I haven't had a (relatively) coherent thought for weeks.

Week 28.

I wasn't feeling great on Monday but my sister got the best news. She's officially accepted into the high school of her choice! It's an artsy type of school and her main course is costume design, which is probably the most fun thing I can imagine doing in high school. I'm a little jealous even, my high school years were not that fun. Here's the cat being dumb:

On Tuesday we went to the public pool for the first time this summer. It was kind of lame and overcrowded as usual, kids doing full-on cannonballs hopefully right next to you and not onto you. Someone still desperately trying to get their laps in even with 20 ten-year olds directly in their way. Still beats no pool!

Re-started a short stint of work at the kiwi place on Wednesday, very early. We're up at 5:30 and there at 6 or 6:30 and working til half-past noon. No breaks, by the way! It's not so bad til the sun starts burning everything in sight. Worst part was that there's some kind of tall grass that's not cut at all and leaves like a million cuts all over. Then the fertilizer gets wet and if it touches already agitated skin you're left with what looks close to chemical burns. It hurt... What I do love about this job though is that the boss is usually not around and I can just let my mind wander while the body's already memorized the same, repetitive but exhausting tasks. I drive a tractor too. And listen to music. Recently, much downtempo.

In good news, the government-sanctioned installation of insulation and drywall on the third floor is done! Come autumn, I may be able to move into my actual room! I'm gonna need input/advice on decoration and all that from friends and readers, of course.


Angel mode.


Murder mode.

Same as Wednesday, we worked through Thursday and Mo had his friend from class come over and the two of them hung out and played Xbox. Then they went to play football for some god forsaken reason. The sun don't set til like 10 PM... I dropped by the outlet store and saw the most nostalgic stickers ever. I used to have lots like these as a kid and was kind of tempted but sadly I can't find much use for puffy stickers, as cute as they are.

My childhood!

Friday we started pruning the deformed kiwis, I felt bad for these little rejected freaks. The kind of kiwis you don't see at the store: two kiwis formed into one, weirdly long kiwis, and kiwis with tails. 

Unrelated beans.

Saturday I did two artfight attacks, I'll probably do like 1 or 2 more and that's it for the year. The comic awaits! I actually said I'd keep website projects at bay for now but I did apply to make a Witch Hat fanlisting all the way back in June so that will be my last mini-project for now. 

Chill Sunday, except that my period started, which was not chill. But I'll live. And I did! Wonderful news for some, terrible news for others. So, we go on...

The end.

I'm gonna try to stay a bit more on top of the blog this month, catching up made me queasy but also relieved when it was done in June. Not sure why but this blog kind of helps me keep my sanity, a little. 

This Week I'm Excited For...

It will be the national day of France next week and I'm no patriot of any country but I do like France (thanks for letting me stay here, France) and the national day is also known as Bastille day, for the fortress that was broken into during the revolution. Sure, they only freed like 7 prisoners in the process of getting to the arsenal but the whole shebang did end with the toppling of the monarchy which is pretty awesome. There will be fireworks, and I do love fireworks.

Song Of The Week... 

I was googling other songs like Orbital's Halcyon, begging for something even a little close. Someone on Reddit luckily left a bunch of songs in a post, one of them being Global Goon's Afterlife. It's so gorgeous! Reminds me a little bit of Susumu Yokota, though without much of the orchestral abundance. And this one song I was crazy about called Razzleberry Thicket by RunFoxRun. Or maybe they're not that similar... I don't know, it's the mood or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment